Monday 27 June 2016

Prisoner of my fear



One day I will rise and shine
One day I will take a stand
One day I will fight for justice
One day I will have it all planned

That one day is not today
That one day is not even morrow
One day is just one day
Don’t bug me,  Oh!! I feel so hollow

Till then, my friend,
Let me live in fear
That plaintive cry for help
What was it? I didn’t hear

Somebody is dying on the road
Sorry, got a meeting to attend
Somebody is asking for alms
My earnings are less than total spend

Girl violated in broad daylight
So sad!!  Poor little thing
But when cops comes calling
I will tell them I saw nothing

This is how I will live
A life of fear syndrome
Then one day I will wake up
When it finally reaches my home

I am a prisoner of my own fear

Copyright: Shukla Banik (27/06/2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment