Sunday 5 June 2016

Life

  


Life, you are such a tease
Can’t you give some moment of ease?

When I was a seed
you made me a child
Considered you a friend
as fate finally smiled
Engulfed in mother’s
loving embrace
I failed to notice
your cunning face.

The face of a snake
who shrouded me in despair
then gave me hope
and taught me to aspire
After years of struggle
I managed to succeed
Yet, you took it all
at greatest hour of my need.

Now, I know you well
My nasty friend
Hence, this vicious circle
must come to an end
Desperately searching
for your nemesis
I finally chanced upon 
the root of your genesis.

You thrive on anger, desire
and damning lust
earning free passage to hell 
triggering many births
So to conquer this strife
I awaken my faith
At the precipice of my knowledge
You will release me to my last death!!

Amen.


Copyright: Shukla Banik  dated: 02/06/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment