Wednesday 8 June 2016

Conversation




One tall building
mocks the wise tree
“You once ruled the earth
now it belongs to me.
Check out my perfect shape
of steel, concrete and glass
All who come for a visit
hails me as world class.
With more than 150 floors 
and highest occupancy rate
One may catch a glimpse of
Heaven’s pearly gate
Compared to my 820 ft 
you are a mere bonsai
Salute the king of skyscrapers
as I have now reached the sky.

“You may be a tall building
but is this what earth want”
wise tree replied smilingly
ignoring the building's taunt 
“It is I who keep environment
clean, healthy and green
What have you done so far
except standing tall and preen
I reduce soil erosion
give food, shelter to all
Negative impact of green gas 
can you reduce being so tall
I sequester and store carbon
I heal with my herbs
Can you control climate change
adding more concrete suburbs.”

“Tell dear mankind
to give us space to grow
Before nature shows her fury
and take back all that is owed.”

Copyright: Shukla Banik  dated: 05/06/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment