Wednesday 6 July 2016

I Wonder - 3



When you were just a seed, I nourished you to strength
When you took your first baby step, I gushed over your feat
When you scored your first goal, it was I who felt proud
Yet you left me in an old age home, without a second glance.
I am that woman.

When I tied the ‘Rakhi’ in your hand, I trusted you to protect me
When you slipped the ring on my finger, I trusted you to be faithful
When you held my wrinkled little body in your arms, I trusted you with my life
Yet you killed me in the name of honour and battered me for money
I am that woman.

You paid me a visit in the whore-house, to satisfy your carnal needs
You lynched and paraded me naked, to settle personal scores
You kidnapped and violated me in dozens, to enjoy the spoils of war
Then you put me on a pedestal to worship me as the greatest demon slayer
Am I that woman???..............I wonder.

Copyright: Shukla Banik

No comments:

Post a Comment