Wednesday 20 July 2016

I Wonder - 4


Standing tall and majestic 
I watch over my surroundings
just as a king would survey
all that is his and could be.

From a mere fig, I have grown 
quietly to this big strong tree
while humans around me remained 
busy with their material dreams.

Now I rule this place
with my menacing presence
while my never ending roots 
threatens every house and trees in the vicinity.

Monkeys merrily swings from my hanging roots
Homeless finds shelter in my branches
Some humans worship me as god
while some conspire behind my back. 

Beware!! I am further and 
deeper than you think
privy to every news, good or bad,
more reliable than any grapevine.

Threatened by my mere presence
worried about their house of cards
humans are plotting to kill me
Will they succeed - I wonder.

Copyright:
Shukla Banik







No comments:

Post a Comment