Thursday 19 May 2016

Road





Dear Loving Road,
Take me to your permanent abode?
Place where you eat, sleep and rest
Place where you unwind when stressed
Need that address or the area code
As I wish to live beyond this road.
A place where everyone is anyone’s friend
A place where they love not to pretend
Where no one is hungry, no one is in pain,
no one is caged by societal constrain
Where no one will mock, no one will goad
no will slay you with sharp verbal sword
Constantly travelling from city to city
Getting dragged into every nitty-gritty
Journeying aimlessly to establish our name
When quest for ‘Moksha’ should be our only aim
Foolishly surrounded by every luxurious mode
We have forgotten the less-travelled road.
Years I have spent, trying to decode
the way to that place, that heavenly abode
Searched all cities, researched all scrolls
Fake, flawed, incomplete with many loopholes
Awaken my knowledge, sharpen my sight
Dear Road (within)!! please guide me to Eternal Light


Copyright: Shukla Banik (19/5/2016)
First published date (May 5th 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment