Sunday 29 May 2016

Clay


Some fall for ruby red lips
Some for emerald eyes
Some go crazy for golden skin 
Porcelain face some epitomize
Preferences!! To each their own.
Who can tell - how they will get blown

Do you wanna know what makes me sway?
Not much - just plain old clay.
Earthy and pliable when it’s wet
Get’s really messy but I don’t fret 
I choose the cuckoo over the angelic dove 
Together we create our symphony of love.

When time for final parting looms
I don’t build any shrine or tomb
Refusing to mourn the loss of a jewel
Neither blaming nor trying to beguile
I don’t cling, cry or pine
His ‘feet of clay’ I accept, just like mine.

Yeah, I prefer clay, just as I am.
Just as I am.


If you like what I like, then please drop your email id @ happy-hours-shukla.blogspot.com

Copyright: Shukla Banik  dated: 29/5/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment