Wednesday 25 May 2016

Dark Side

I am the dark side, where fear resides
Another name is Devil, to be precise
Some say I have one eye, tail and horn
I spit and blow fire from night to morn
Don't mock me foolish earthling as this is not true
I am but a choice which duels within you. 

God gave power, wealth and fame
He also gave slavery, poverty and shame.
For every bird, animal and man
There is an 'other half' to make it whole again. 
Light and dark are two sides of 'My Lord' 
Choice is yours as to which path you shall trod. 

Money brings joy when given to needy 
Hoarding it all makes you more greedy.
If you have power give justice to unjust 
Abuse of power will only reduce you to dust. 
Fame or friendship, joy or sorrow 
Choice of today will reflect tomorrow
Life is a journey and 'My Lord' is the absolute destination 
How do you want to reach 'Him' - Annihilation or Salvation 


© Shukla Banik 


FB Post date April 22 2015
Poemish date March 25 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment