Friday 27 May 2016

Nostalgic



When I was a child
Life was a fairy joy-ride
It was just eat, sleep and play
Carefree, happy and ‘oh-so’gay.

Boring studies, 
snoring buddies,
preaching teachers,
child beaters,
bunking classes,
spanked asses,
nice football bends,
ooh-aahing girlfriends,
Good, simple, fun-filled days
Carefree, happy and 'oh-so' gay.

When, I was a bit older,
Emotions were a bit colder,
Life was more work, less eat and sleep,
Constantly churning dough for daily upkeep.

Boring projects,
roaring bosses,
screaching clients,
unreasonable requirements,
married exes,
heaping vexes,
swindling honey, 
dwindling money,
I used to miss my childhood days!!
Carefree, happy and gay.

Now, am a ailing ancient
Quietly waiting for My Lord’s agent
Life is more pray, less eat and sleep
Only BFFs are ‘bedpan’ and ‘false teeth’

Boring pills,
piling bills,
failing heart,
constant farts,
weird fashion,
flagging passion,
hair’s gray,
it’s time to pray
I still miss my childhood days
Carefree, happy and 'oh-so' gay.

My Lord! I wish to ask you a boon
Please grant this one, before I finally swoon
Make me a child just for a day
So I can die - carefree, happy and gay. 

Copyright: 
Poem by Shukla Banik
Artwork by Pampa Banik


FB & Poemish Post date March 29 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment