Friday 23 September 2016

Reality Bytes



Once I had a dream
Not as noble as ‘King’s
Yet it filled me with joy and
Gave my hopes - ‘Wings’

I dreamt of a gleaming castle 
tucked in a picturesque village
With a flowing adjascent river
to compliment the royal image

A garden full of flowers
blooming away in glory
Love-seat next to the rose bush
hiding many love stories

Champagne-flowing fountain 
and a crystal chandelier
Prince Charming's entry 
with much pomp and regal air

I dreamt of a heavenly ball
where I was ‘the chief ballerina’
That magical dance with the prince
transformed me into Cinderella

The midnight clock struck
just when we tried to kiss
Background score screeched
a maddening slimy ‘hiss’

When the reality came crashing
found no garden, palace, or ball
Was holding an ordinary broom-stick
in a bid to clean my hall

Oh Baby, what a dampner!!!


Copyright: Shukla Banik

No comments:

Post a Comment