Tuesday 27 September 2016

Perspective

(This is dedicated to all those who suffer from various mind-related ailments)

Have you ever seen peacocks dancing in the rain
Yet you call me mad, when I do the same
Have you ever heard birds singing in the park
If I sing along, you call it "mad's bark"
Have you ever watched monkeys jumping like clowns
When I jump like them, out comes the big frown
Have you ever noticed varied shades of daisies
When I display mine, why do you call me crazy
I live like a nomad, I follow my own rules
You think I am useless, crazy, mad and fool
So what if I am strange who often fart, burp and drool
Does calling me names, make you look more cool
I too am human, I too have a soul
But you ignore me as if I don't fit into your goals
I too need love, compassion and care
Treat me like an equal and not as an unwanted spare.

Copyright: Shukla Banik

No comments:

Post a Comment