Saturday 6 August 2016

Love - 3




Let me soak into your warmth today 
before they erect another of those
hideous monstrous structure 
in that gap between the buildings.

Who’s going to wake me up slowly 
with a kiss from the morning glow?
Who’s going to make me fall asleep 
with that last defiant spark?

Our relationship confined only for mid-day
in the glaring light of high-noon,
will be reduced to a quick hungry coupling 
full of carnal passion and lust.

What will happen to the little ones -
our beautiful blooming violets?
They will miss you terribly, yet 
surely, wilt beneath your angry gaze.

My beloved Sun, I shall love you always 
and patiently wait for the day when by God's grace
another gap forms between some buildings 
enabling us to be together again for the entire day 
..................... as we are meant to be.


Copyright: Shukla Banik

No comments:

Post a Comment