Thursday 28 April 2016

Twilight of my Life


Creaking bones, cloudy eyes and a heart full of strife 
I am at the twilight of my life. 

Husband, lover and soulmate
Gone to 'everland' leaving me in this state
Countless memories and unfulfilled promises 
Strange bedfellows to spend the night till sun rises
How can you leave your dear loving wife?
and that too at the twilight of her life. 

Sons and grandsons are all busy paving their way
A promotion here, a scholarship there keeps everything at bay. 
Daughter, daughter-in-law also loves me to distraction
Calling once a week, visiting every summer - ensures no friction. 
Off with the old to let the new tune to jive
Don't mind me as I am at the twilight of my life. 

Friends, family and all the riches
Here today, gone tomorrow is what life teaches
Then why do we feel the need to belong?
To live in this 'neverland' like a broken sad song.
My eternal friend, philosopher and guide
Call me to your bossom as I am at the twilight of my life. 

Copyright: Shukla Banik 
First publish date (Facebook):  April 13 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment